With all the doom and gloom of COVID-19, it’s nice to have something to look forward to. Official and unofficial national holidays are just the thing to put a smile on our faces. Here’s a list of holidays to look out for over the next six months.
Weird and Fun National Holidays to Celebrate in 2022 (the first half)
- Martin Luther King Day – January 17th
- National Compliment Day – January 24th
- Global Belly Laugh Day- January 24th at 1:24 p.m. local time
- Chinese New Year – February 1st
- Ground Hog’s Day – February 2nd
- Feed the Birds Day – February 3rd
- Valentine’s Day – February 14th
- Tell a Fairy Tale Day – February 26th
- International Polar Bear Day – February 27th
Chinese New Year 2022 falls on Tuesday, February 1, beginning a year of the tiger. Traditional Chinese New Year celebrations include New Year’s Eve dinner, decorations, fireworks, red envelopes, and dragon dances. Destinations such as Disney’s California Adventure theme park are great places to celebrate the Chinese New Year with friends and family. California Adventure is set to host a Lunar New Year event from January 21st – February 13th.
- Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) – March 1st
- Plant a Flower Day – March 12th
- The Ides of March (Et tu, Brutus?) – March 15th
- St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
- Extraterrestrial Abductions Day – March 20th
St. Patrick’s Day started in Ireland as a way to give honor to the patron saint of the country. However, in modern times, March 17th (It falls on a Thursday this year) goes beyond the original purposes thanks to secularization and an influx of non-Irish people in the country. St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated today with lucky charms, shamrocks, green beer, and kilts. Unless you are Irish, chances are you may not know about St. Patrick’s Day traditions. Popular St. Patrick’s Day traditions include abundant and glamorous meals, like corned beef and cabbage, a parade, and music and festivals.
- April Fool’s Day – April 2nd
- Walk on Your Wild Side Day – April 12th
- Easter – April 17th
- Kiss Your Mate Day – April 28th
- Mayday & Mayday for Mutts – May 1st
- Star Wars Day- May the 4th be with you! – May 4th
- Kentucky Derby Day – May 7th
- Mother’s Day – May 8th
- Memorial Day – May 30th
Stars Wars Day is observed annually on May 4th to celebrate the Star Wars media franchise. The date for Star Wars Day originates from the pun, “may the fourth be with you.” The famous movie line is “May the Force be with you.” Although the holiday wasn’t created or declared by Lucas Films, Star Wars fans worldwide gather to celebrate the beloved franchise each year. Today, Disney formally recognizes the holiday with several Star Wars events and festivities at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Check out these fun ways to celebrate Star Wars Day at home!
- National Trails Day – June 4th
- National Flip Flop Day – June 10th
- Flag Day – June 14th
- Fathers’ Day – June 19th
More Holidays: Today’s Holidays (National Today Calendar)
Whatever the occasion, you can mark the day with a custom T-shirt. Whether is a company milestone or personal anniversary, a custom T-shirt will show the world what you’re celebrating!
Retro Shirtz Custom Bulk T-Shirts Printing near Regency inside Westroads Mall in Omaha
At Retro Shirtz we understand the importance of logo design. So we provide free graphic design, including free logo design with all standard custom shirt orders.
Our free graphic design services include:
- suggesting and implementing fonts
- changing the colors and layout of the fonts, and our team’s excellent skills at creating custom image assets.